QUICK-START GUIDE TO ORDERING INFRAVEC2 PRODUCTS
©IRD Michel Cot
Need resources for insect vector research? Ask Infravec2!
- The European Commission (EC) has funded the Infravec2 consortium with 10M€ to distribute key research resources to insect vector researchers in the European Research Area.
- The Infravec2 Products catalog contains over 150 resources for vector research provided at no cost to you.
Push your vector research faster, in more novel directions: Synergize your existing research funding with no-cost resources from Infravec2!
- Shop the Infravec2 online Products store. “Pay” for your order with a brief scientific justification, evaluated by a selection committee.
How to request Infravec2 products at no cost?
- Search the Products catalog for the resources you need.
- Save your choices in the Shopping Cart.
- Register as an Infravec2 user.
- Finalise your order by uploading a brief justification for the use of the materials, describing:
- Technical quality
- Expected scientific outcome
- Capacity building for you and/or your institute
Who is eligible for no-cost access?
- Researchers in the EU, 16 associated European countries, and 130 developing countries (list here),
- You need to work in a country different from the Infravec2 product provider (country is indicated in the “Additional information” tab of the product pages).
- To request a product from the country where your laboratory is located, you will need to form a User-group in which a majority of the members are not in the provider country. Please see the instructions about why and how to form a User-group.
- Researchers not working in one of the ~175 countries referenced above are not eligible to request no-cost, EU supported access to Infravec2 products. For these researchers, we will introduce a fee-for-service mechanism in 2018.
What products are available?
- All major vectors infected with all major arboviruses as well as Plasmodium falciparum; custom conditions including time after infection, dissected tissues, RNA or DNA extracted, custom gene-silencing; Custom-produced genome-edited transgenic lines; Wild-collected samples; Live colonies of many species; Access to unusual vector species.
- Access to powerful technology platforms such as vector deep-sequencing, bioinformatics, up to 100,000 mass-reared mosquitoes, high-throughput screening technologies, and tools to study insecticide resistance.
- Physical access to state-of-the art insectaries to perform your experiments in vector infection with CL2/CL3 pathogens (arboviruses, P. falciparum); insect behavior and electrophysiology; insecticides.
What conditions are attached to no-cost Infravec2 products?
- You own the data that you generate, and products that you create using Infravec2-provided resources.
- You agree to submit appropriate data to a relevant repository, and to acknowledge Infravec2 in publications.
- Unless otherwise noted, all Infravec2 products are shipped at Containment Level 1 as non-infectious material.
How will my request be evaluated?
You need other virus resources for your research? Request them from the European Virus Archive goes global (EVAg)